I wrote a post a few weeks ago on why we should comment on blogs. The blog I maintain is very relevant to the Real Estate industry so the moral of the story was to take sometime and begin to comment. I even offered a reciprocal comment.
So now when we do comment, how should we go about doing it?
Here is my short “NOT” list..
- Don’t leave short comments like “Great post” or “I agree”, include a link and think you accomplished your job.
- Make sure your comments are of value. Take some time to write a clear post that is grammatically correct. Don’t leave unprofessional posts. Remember this is a reflection of you.
- Don’t stuff keywords in your post.
- Don’t mass comment all at once across a single blog.
- Don’t use the same comment across multiple blogs to try to spam your way to success.
- Don’t advertise on your comments like “I have this great site where you can purchase…”.
Use commenting for what is was meant for, engaging the conversation. Spend a bit of time and make a quality post, show the world you are a professional, gain some credibility and commenting will be a successful use of your time.