WOW – What a great time we all had doing the Triple Play show in Atlantic City as well as broadcasting it via the Internet. The Internet presence was just as strong as the show itself. For those of you who did not catch the wave so to say here is what we did.
- RE/Advantage had a booth at this years REALTOR Triple Play Conference and Expo. We do this show every year and show off our web design talent as well as our IDX products and Board/MLS solutions.
- To take advantage of the Social Media explosion that we also preach to our clients and help them establish, we decided to do the following;
- We broadcasted live Tweets on Twitter for the whole 3 days
- We wrote daily blogs and vlogs (a video blog)
- We posted the experience on Facebook in real time
- We also posted on our own blog as well as A/R
- We created a Flickr group to show photo’s daily
- And finally we had a live video stream of our booth on the Internet the entire time.
The goal was to see if we could grow our audience over the 3 day period and not only did we do that we exceeded our goals. The live stream doubled into the second day and the Twitter interaction was great. To tie it all together we posted video and pictures throughout the event on all of our media outlets. To really sum it up we had one viewer say this; “Thank you for this event. Although I could not go to Triple Play I felt like I was there”. That just about said it all.
So what is the moral of this story? Well for one thing Social Networking works and from an Agents point of view that is great because I think REALTORS are born to blog. Blogging on community is such a good way to not only grow your sphere of influence but also establishes you as an authority in your area. 2 for the price of 1!
So thank you to everyone that visited us in Atlantic City and also participated with us on the Internet. Next year we are planning even bigger and better things.