Press releases foster a non-confrontational, not too ‘sales pitchy’, avenue to expose the benefits of your business, products and services to your client base. Over the next 3 days I am going to dive into press releases and the tools you can use to create productive releases and newsletters. Google offers many free services that REALTORS® can utilize to find appropriate keywords and phrases to use in press releases and I will be examining these over the next few days – so keep informed and follow along!
The brainstorming and pre-planning needed to create a successful (whether driving traffic to your website or selling a product) is the most important step in writing a press release. In my mind, the second most important step is selecting your keywords or key phrases which will be discussed further in the next 2 days.
Here are the three main key points to follow when you are ready to start your press release:
1. Choose a goal
2. Use Google tools to select keywords and phrases
3. Then craft the release to fit your goal
Keep in mind that the SEO Triangle has three points and ALL factors must be taken into consideration for a web page, press release, blog, or any electronic marketing medium to become successful in your line of business.
1. Optimize your web page: this will be important when you are inserting back links into a release or blog article
2. Identify and optimize the keyword and key phrase you intend to use
3. Back links: DO NOT use “click here” as your back link, use keywords instead to enhance the SEO of your release, webpage or blog
1. Your headline or title should contain your keyword(s) and if possible a LSI* (latent systematic indexing) keyword.
2. Your first few sentences should contain your keyword(s) AND at least one LSI* keyword at minimum!
3. The body of your release should not necessarily be ‘keyword’ rich, again when referring to a press release. You should instead just freely write and let the flow of words encompass your product or goal of the release.
*Latent Systematic Indexing (LSI), in my own words, means latent (behind the scenes) systematic (the way something words) indexing (a system or way of finding something easier). So with that, LSI keywords are words or phrases that are synonyms to your intended keyword(s) or phrases, that Google reads as added information to enhance the SEO of your release.
Tomorrow I will speak more about the Google tools that can be utilized to create the best keywords and keyword phrases for you business press releases and newsletters. If you are not an RE/Advantage blog follower yet, simply scroll halfway down this web page and click the “Subscribe Here” button on the right hand column.
RE/Advantage specializes in Real Estate Website Design, IDX Solutions, and Internet Technology. We have been working with the Real Estate Industry for over 10 years so we understand what makes a site work for you and your buyers and sellers. After all we have been developing real estate web sites, Internet tools and marketing strategies since 1997. No one provides a more comprehensive, well-thought-out site and tool set for your Internet presence. We provide you with not only the tools to manage and customize your site, but the peace of mind that comes from knowing we are here to help if you need us.