So why is a blog about Internet Technology for the Real Estate Industry writing about National Breast Cancer Awareness Month? Well sometimes when things are passionate enough, mean enough, or is worthy enough, it is OK to go off topic.
Breast Cancer for me has a whole new meaning when it hits close to home. My sister was diagnosed and is currently battling this horrible disease. Bev and I are best friends and I cannot image a world without her. The old saying “It only happens to the good ones” certainly holds true here. Because in my book, there is not a better and more caring person on the planet. I often reflect and try to make some sense of this whole situation and why people need to go through this. I guess that is one question that will never get answered. But what I can do to deflect some brain cells off that issue is try to help make a difference.
So I thought I would dedicate this post in getting more people aware of Breast Cancer because if enough people know and care about the issue I am sure someday we can conquer it. I believe that one day, breast cancer will never steal another year from anyone’s life – and we will live in a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays.
This year in honor of Bev we formed “Team Bev” and I am walking in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.
So what can you do?
- Stop over at the American Cancer Society Making Strides Website and read about the issue
- If you live in the New Jersey, join Bev and walk for the cure. Join Team Bev here
- Stop over at Team Bev’s Facebook page, 100 fans in 30 days!
- Make a donation to fight Breast Cancer
- Just spread the word.
Together we can make a difference!
Resources about Breast Cancer:
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month Website
- American Cancer Society
- National Cancer Institute
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Institute
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation