Tips on staging the bedrooms of your house/listing
- Repaint your bedrooms with warm, neutral colors. Earth tones are always the best colors when staging a home.
- Make the bedrooms appear larger by removing ‘extra’ furniture. A bed, dresser, side table and small bureau will do the trick.
- Think about purchasing a lush bed set, this will improve the overall feel of the bedrooms.
- Remove a good portion of your clothes from closets, this will make them appear larger (you’re going to be packing soon anyways!)
- Remove all family photos and mementos. Remember you want to make the buyer feel as if this is THEIR home.
Tips on staging the bathrooms of your house/listing
- Replace your fixtures. Faucets, knobs, shower curtains – sinks and toilets if need be.
- If you have glass shower doors, be sure to clean them thoroughly with steel wool and an appropriate cleaning agent.
- Purchase some nice, plush bath towels and arrange them nicely in your bathrooms. Make sure you coordinate their colors with the color scheme in your bathroom.
- A fresh flower arrangement not only smells nice but gives your bathroom a clean and fresh feeling.
- Again, clean you bathrooms as if they were directly from a showroom. Soap scum and tub rings will turn any buyer off…maybe even some family members!
In a buyer’s market, you will need every advantage you can get in order to sell your home for a decent sale price, so it is very important to stage your home effectively. But even in a seller’s market home staging can help you achieve a quick sale for the maximum sale price.
RE/Advantage specializes in Real Estate Website Design, IDX Solutions, and Internet Technology. We have been working with the Real Estate Industry for over 10 years so we understand what makes a site work for you and your buyers and sellers. After all we have been developing real estate web sites, Internet tools and marketing strategies since 1997. No one provides a more comprehensive, well-thought-out site and tool set for your Internet presence. We provide you with not only the tools to manage and customize your site, but the peace of mind that comes from knowing we are here to help if you need us.