I have been working with REALTORS for several years now and have seen how Social Media has become a more integral part of their every day marketing. The single most significant thing I have noticed is that about only 10%-15% of Agents really understand how to leverage Social Media and out of that percentage probably less than 10% actually implement it.
I did an ad-hoc experiment once to see how fast becoming inconsistent with my own Social Marketing would affect my prospecting. At RE/Advantage we post blog articles 3-4 times per week, 2 daily Facebook posts, tweet as needed and syndicate all of it. This is a very short summary of what we do but I think you get the picture. This regime brings us 1-2 daily leads. If I take away 1 or more of our daily routines out lead stream almost falls to zero in less than a week and it takes 2+ weeks to come back. So the lesson here is you need to be diligent.
When done properly Social Marketing can bring you a steady and qualified flow of new buyers and sellers. Here are some key points to remember:
- You need a Marketing Plan
- You need to be consistent. Your marketing plan should reflect on what your objectives are and if for example you are going to use a Facebook Fan Page you must decide and initiate a constant flow of posts
- Social Marketing is SOFT selling.
- If you don’t understand how to use Social Marketing, spend a little money and get trained, it is worth it.
- I said it in #2, be consistent – I cannot emphasize this enough. You need to establish yourself as a credible source of knowledge.
And lastly be patient, it take times. Good luck!
For more information on how you can benefit from Social Marketing or for some good resources visit our training blog at http://training.readvantage.com.