Take a look at your own website sometime. Pretend you are a prospective buyer or seller. So does your website make the cut? Ask yourself these simple questions;
- Where do your eyes go first – When someone visits your website you only have several seconds to make the sale. The first thing they should see is something that will keep their interest.
- Is it clear what your website is about right away? – You need to make sure you are clear to your prospects what your website is about. I know your sell Real Estate but if you specialize or have a niche make it clear.
- Look ‘Above the Fold’ – You need to make sure your important information is in the area of the screen you do not have to scroll to get to. This should be clear and concise.
- Are your services clearly defined? – Did you tell your audience who you are and why they should use you?
- Where’s Your Call to Action – Does your website have clear call to action forms? Request more information, CMA, School information, dream home forms. These should be all on your website and clearly visible in the appropriate areas.
- The look! – People are visual. Are your colors and images pleasing? Don’t skimp here. Looks are important first impressions. Don’t clutter your home page with your name and phone number and how great you are. Put some relevant information that your audience wants to see and establish you are what they need.
- Social Media – Do you have Social Media links on your website? Social Media is quick becoming a huge way to gain business for REALTORS®. Real Estate is all about making connections with people. Social Media is all about making connections with people, so Social Media has a huge potential to bring you business.
- Listings – Let’s face it people come to your website to see real estate so you need to have inventory to show them. If you website does not have IDX listings you are missing out on all of those ready for results buyers. These are the people who if they don’t see you have something to show they move onto the next website who does.
So take a 15 minute break and check out your website and see if it has what it takes!
RE/Advantage specializes in Real Estate Website Design, IDX Solutions, and Internet Technology. We have been working with the Real Estate Industry for over 10 years so we understand what makes a site work for you and your buyers and sellers. After all we have been developing real estate web sites, Internet tools and marketing strategies since 1997. No one provides a more comprehensive, well-thought-out site and tool set for your Internet presence. We provide you with not only the tools to manage and customize your site, but the peace of mind that comes from knowing we are here to help if you need us.