Hopefully by now, many if not all, Real Estate professionals know and understand the importance of expanding their marketing programs to the internet – specifically utilizing social media networks. Facebook has fast become one of the largest platforms used by REALTORS® to expand their sphere of influence and farm leads – but Facebook accounts have not been used properly!
Setting up a business/fan page:
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/browser.php
- Click the + Create Page button in the top, right hand corner of the page
- Once you’ve updated your business’ location and added your phone number be sure to upload a photo of yourself, your office or your team/company logo. (if you are creating a community or niche page add a photo relevant to that market – photo of Main Street, beautiful park, or condo building etc.)
- Next step is important: be sure to invite your friends! (this will send a request to all the friends you have on your personal profile – it’s great way to initially get the word out about your new fan page!) You can also import a contact list and send requests via email from a spreadsheet etc.
- Then go to http://www.facebook.com/username/ and claim your username (which will become your unique URL). Look in that second box on the username page – use the drop down arrow to find your recently created page. Be careful – this is a URL, not a title. Don’t use spaces, dashes, or long, difficult to remember words. Keep it short and simple and DO NOT add ‘.com’ at the end!
- Does your business page have a welcome screen (which can double as a lead capture system). RE/Advantage’s Facebook Page doubles as a welcome page and lead capture tool – we offer 3 free Facebook tips to like our page.
- Does it have a call to action
- Are you properly promoting you/your services/your business
- Are you posting appropriate content
- Does your content create feedback
Please stay tuned into RE/Advantage’s Blog – next week we will discuss WHAT and HOW to effectively post to your Facebook Business Page.