We always try to keep you updated with information on trending items in social media and technology for Real Estate – so here is your end of May update!
Before now your reach on Facebook was limited by the scope of Faceook’s EdgeRank algorithm – meaning when you posted an update your content was only visible to a small number of your actual followers based on the interest of a given user (which is decided by this algorithm). Yesterday Facebook launched a new way to reach your followers – Promoted Posts! This is a paid service (like Facebook Ads) but only available in $5 and $10 increments. These Promoted Posts will get shown to users who are already fans of your page in addition to friends of people who interact with the promoted post. The posts are marked as “Sponsored” in news feeds and run for up to 3 days after the post was originally created — catch is you must have at least 400 fans. The statistics of you promoted posts are then logged in your Admin Panel.
What we think qualifies as a ‘promotable’ post:
- Marketing offers that link to a listing landing page within your website or blog
- Open houses, new listing or special offer posts
- Launch of a new internet marketing site (new website, Facebook page, blog)
- Spotlight an affiliate (mortgage broker, inspector, title companies, home staging specialist etc.)
How to use Promoted Posts:
If Facebook has permitted usage on your fan page there will be a ‘Promote’ drop down button visible when you post a status update or picture/video. That will then prompt you to add a budget for your campaign and you’re well on your way! More information on promoted posts.
I’ve always heard of agents using third party tools to schedule posts on Facebook – now you can do it right from your Facebook wall!
- Simply begin to add a post to your wall
- Click that little blue/grey clock in the bottom left corner or the status update box
- *You may need to set a year when you created your Facebook business page first*
- If you had to do step 3, click on that clock again after setting your ‘birth’ year
- You will be promoted to add a year, then month, then day, then time for your post
- Then hit the ‘Schedule’ button
You are able to schedule posts up to 6 months in advance at 15 minute intervals.
Has anyone tried to use either of these new features yet? How do they work?