Branding and lead generation are the TOP TWO reasons real estate professionals create web presences – specifically websites. Social networking websites are great for business but typically the site is branded (take Facebook for instance) over your profile branding; this is why you must be sure your professional site has effective branding and lead generation/capture features. Otherwise what’s the point!
- Is your name and phone number in the header of your site?
- Is your name and phone number in the footer of your site?
- Is there a link to contact you in your navigation?
- Are there calls to action buttons on each web page?
- Are your social networking links readily visible?
Lead Generation / Lead Capture
Just as RE/Advantage Real Estate Websites have great lead generation features you too should be sure your website makes the cut. What should you website have:
- Schedule a Showing Form – on every listing (and of course this lead should only go to you; never the listing agent or your broker)
- Request More Information Form – branded to you on every listing in your MLS search results
- Listings Teaser Sign Up – allow clients to view a select amount of listings before you capture their contact information
- Prospect Buyer Portfolio Accounts – provides a secure back end system that allows your prospects to save listings, save searches and sign up for auto email alerts of new listings
- SEVERAL lead capture forms throughout your site – these should/could include a CMA form, Pre-Qual Mortgage form, Dream Home form, basic Contact form etc.
Having these features is great but you need to be sure you have – what is called – calls to action on your site as well. Instead of hyper-linking text that says “click here to view listings” — have a designer (or if you’re creative you can do this easily) create a click-able graphic to entice prospects to interact with your website.
To get a better picture:
Call to Action Button (top) VS. Hyper-Linked Text (bottom)