Twitter is a great micro-blogging network where REALTORS® can post tweets (or 140 character updates) to their followers. Many people use Twitter to tweet about their day, relationship status or opinions on trending topics – but REALTORS® can harness Twitter to generate business.
Real Estate professionals should tweet about:
- open houses
- listings changes/price changes
- webinars or small seminars you host
- community events (in your niche market)
- useful links or resources that can be retweet
Always remember to use a hash sign (#) at the end of EVERY post! This is the way you will be found on Twitter – the hash symbol is used to indicate a keyword or phrase your tweet is about that is then cataloged. Your tweet will be archived for future tweet searches around your ‘#keyword(s)’. You can also follow other Twitter users by typing in keywords you may use in your tweets; get ideas, stay informed and learn from their success!
“Open House today @ 123 Main St in Hoboken NJ. C U @ 130!”
Twitter only allows a user to post updates of 140 characters or less so making the most of your tweets is VERY important.
Here are some useful tips and acronyms to remember when tweeting:
- When responding to or directing a comment at another user reference their username and they will get a notification of the tweet (example: Great game last night with great friends! @yankeelove @yank25fan)
- Via = can be used to when retweeting and you are identifying who or where your info came from
- Use letters in place of words (c = see | u = you)
- Use numbers in place of words (4 = for | 2 = to/too)
- 4u2c = for you to see
- @ = at
- Bc | b/c = because
- Btw = by the way
- Fwd = forward
- Re = regarding (used to reference)
- Ty = thank you
- Thx = thanks
- Tmrw = tomorrow
- W | w/ = with
- Wo | w/o = without
- Rly = really
- Pls = please
- Abt = about
- Thght = thought
Creating a strong Twitter presence and group of followers would be great for your real estate business – leveraging Twitter and using it correctly will GET you business.